[3830] NAQP RTTY AB3IC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gl1800winger@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY AB3IC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 17:42:57 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: AB3IC
Operator(s): AB3IC
Station: AB3IC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Maryland
Operating Time (hrs): 7:48

   80:   19    14
   40:  102    35
   20:   52    25
   15:    5     3
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  178    77  Total Score = 13,706

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC #1

Comments:

This weekend we were celebrating my XYLs birthday and our anniversary - She made
allowances for doing the contest, but I had very little prep time and an hour
before the contest started I found out that somewhere between the new desktop
computer, WriteLog, and my rig (TS-590), I wasn't getting any RTTY signal
transmitting.  There were actually problems with all three things and I spent
an inordinate amount of time on AA5AU's RTTY contesting page to get everything
figured out.  So, I got started a couple of hours late, starting a bit before
4:00 PM.

I tried using G3YYD's 2Tone instead of MMTTY and after I got used to it, found
it to be a really great program.  Certainly worth a look.

I didn't even look at 10M, popped quickly onto 15, then started working 20
S&amp;P.  When I moved to 40, I S&amp;P'd through the band, then found an open
area and ran for about an hour before I was overwhelmed with other stations.
This is one of the only contests that my penny-whistle station even has a
chance at running, so I take advantage of it when it happens.

RIG: Kenwood TS-590
Antenna: GAP Challenger &amp; 80M Inverted VEE with dog-leg and apex at about
40 ft.
Logging S/W: Writelog V11.11C

Now I've got to run and back my wife a birthday cake - hope its not as much of
a disaster as the start of this contest was.