[3830] CQWW VHF NR5M SOSB/6 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, georged@demontrond.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF NR5M SOSB/6 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 18:23:17 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: NR5M
Operator(s): NR5M
Station: NR5M

Class: SOSB/6 HP
QTH: Hempstead, Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 18

    6:  767   192
    2:
-------------------
Total:  767   192  Total Score = 147,264

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Started out going to do both bands but Es on six lasted until 10 local (0300z)
and by that time the Eu window on 2m EME was closed.  I went to 2 about 9:50
local and watched MAP 65 report K5QE CQing with no answers and painting no
others on the band. I returned to 6 and found the band dead (no Es} so I
started setting up WSJT for  6m meteor scatter. At about 11:00 pm local (0400z)
I tried my first ever attempt at MS.  I got several sequences with strong burns
but never could decode anyone.... My MS abilities are evidently still a work in
process.

At about midnight I switched to a StarTrek rerun and spent over an hour
watching what I think was the original pilot for the first TV series.  Yes,
they got Capt. Pike back to the planet where he was reunited with his long lost
love and had the illusion of health and vitality ( and lived happily
thereafter!)

I still had lingering thoughts about doing some 2 meter work but 6 opened early
to the east coast and that sealed the deal for a 6-only effort.  The band was
good untill 1800 but someone pulled the plug and I spent the last 3 hours CQing
into a daed band. I only netted 16 more Q's during the final 3 hour stretch.
(Where are the StarTrek reruns when you REALLY need them!?)

George, NR5M