[3830] CQWW VHF K2QO(@K2QO/R) Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2qo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF K2QO(@K2QO/R) Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 20:43:31 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K2QO
Operator(s): K2QO K2ZR
Station: K2QO/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  172    94
    2:  107    68
-------------------
Total:  279   162  Total Score = 62,532

Club: COLDBROOK CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

This was our first time roving in the CQWW VHF and it was a blast. Some
interesting things about this contest were as follows.

1. Stations with whom we worked the most Qs were: W2CCC-10, N2SLN/r-9, VE3SMA-8
and K2LIM-7. The neat thing here is the improvements at CCC and the skill level
at SMA. N2SLN/r should have had a nice score based on our mutual 9 Qs.

2. We missed much of the Eu opening on 6M as it was during our 1.5 hour drive
from FN22 ==&gt; FN23. ARGH.

3. Our Saturday night stay at the secret W2CCC QTH was excellent! I hope we
didn't miss even more Eu on 6M while we sipped beer around the campfire with
the CCC gang.

4. My FT-100D had an audio issue so the new K3 had to be pressed into service
on 6M. At least that was a high class problem.

5. We worked a HUGE pile of new-to-us call signs for any VHF contest. I hope
that all of them get on the air for the ARRL in September!!

73,
Mark K2QO
Dick K2ZR