[3830] CQWW VHF W3DHJ Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W3DHJ@jonz.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF W3DHJ Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 21:30:03 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: W3DHJ
Operator(s): W3DHJ
Station: W3DHJ

Class: Rover LP
QTH: DM77,DM78,DM87,DM88
Operating Time (hrs): 16

    6:   99    46
    2:   27     5
-------------------
Total:  126    55  Total Score = 6,930

Club:

Comments:

Activated 4 grids: DM77 , DM78 , DM87 , DM88
SPF30:  Need to remember that for the left arm!  HI!HI!
Not such a good year for scoring.  But, it was fun.
Several VE7's and XE2JS on Saturday evening gave me DXIIIC.
Added a 45W solar panel system this year.  VERY happy I did!

COWS!!:  Currently I just pull the solar panels out of the back seat
and lay them on the ground when I arrive at my 'usual' grid locations
(or I lean them up against the car in the early AM or late afternoon.)
  http://jonz.net/W3DHJ/images/Rover_Solar_Panels.jpeg
In DM87 and DM88 I park in open range and most years I have cattle
come up to the car -- even slobbering and drooling on the road bra.
I could just envision a 900 pound steer stepping on the solar panels.
  http://jonz.net/W3DHJ/images/Cows-Solar_Panels.jpeg
Three times I had to get out of the car, and charge them -- while
waving white towels (not RED!  HI!HI!) -- and run them off.
Cuts into the Q-rate.