[3830] IOTA 5Q2T(OZ0J) SO12CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oz0j@oz0j.dk
Subject: [3830] IOTA 5Q2T(OZ0J) SO12CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 18:02:07 +0000
                    IOTA Contest

Call: 5Q2T
Operator(s): OZ0J
Station: 5Q2T

Class: SO12CW LP
QTH: Samsoe Island
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:
   40:
   20:  389      33
   15:
   10:
Total:  389      33       0        0  Total Score = 57,915

Club: Danish DX Group

Comments:

My competition in this IOTA contest was from a very small summerhouse on the
east coast of Samsoe Island, EU-172 and JY-008 for Danish Island Awards.

During 2 visits earlier this year, I prepared the setup and also tested it in
May. The QTH is 31 meter from the sea, so it was obvious to place a vertical in
sea water.

I arrived Friday afternoon with my girlfriend to the summerhouse belong to her
mother. Depend on the tide I would raise the antenna Friday evening. First test
of the setup was Friday at 19.47 UTC on 30 M.

The QTH is a very small house so I worked only CW and only one band during the
contest. The vertical was not available on 80 M, so I decided only worked 20 M
during the contest. It was the bank with the best conditions.

I had some problems with the tuner and the station at the beginning, but after
a switch to antenna 2 on the tuner, everything worked. My Internet connection
was unstable during the contest, and I also had to close other programs on my
laptop, if my CW should be understandable.

It was fun to work pile-up with a fiberglass pole and 100 watt with a tuner. It
was more difficult to work other stations in the pile-up. There I missed my Acom
1000 and a yagi antenna.

I mostly worked EU stations, but I managed to work NA, Asia, VK and ZL.

The log is uploaded to clublog.org and will be on LOTW soon. QSL via OZ0J as
always.