[3830] IOTA NR5M SO24SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, georged@demontrond.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA NR5M SO24SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 23:20:57 +0000
                    IOTA Contest

Call: NR5M
Operator(s): NR5M
Station: NR5M

Class: SO24SSB HP
QTH: Hempstead, Texas,USA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

   80:                      5       4
   40:                    374      51
   20:                   1185      77
   15:                     81      21
   10:                      7       0
Total:   0        0      1652     153  Total Score = 1,332,936

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Wow!  Sunday morning at about 05:30z I returned to 20 as the rate on 40 was
slowing. 20 was WIDE open to all parts of the world.  Worked AS, EU, AF, and OC
sequentially at 100+/ hr rate until I returned to 40 at 09:00z to catch the
JA/VK/ZL  pre-dawn morning run.  That did not disappoint either!

My only regret was not working 15/20 to the West harder at ~0000 z-- I didn't
realize that the JA/OC run was so important until I saw later how the points
rolled in during that run on Sunday morning on 40!

All-in-all a fun contest with lots of action and generally uncrowded bands
(comparatively).  What's not to like about that?

Thanks for all the Q's.  (I got so many stateside #1's and they counted just as
much as the non-island DX!)

George, NR5M