[3830] USCntyQP NU0Q MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nu0q@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] USCntyQP NU0Q MobileCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 02:34:20 +0000
                    US Counties QSO Party

Call: NU0Q
Operator(s): NU0Q
Station: NU0Q

Class: MobileCW LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 15

------------
   80:    0
   40:   84
   20:  347
   15:    1
   10:    0
------------
Total:  432  Counties = 148  Total Score = 238,872

Club: Iowa DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to all for following me around Iowa in the MARAC US QSO Party.  My goal
was to run all the counties in the NE corner of the state and enjoy some of the
sights in the Driftless Area of Iowa.

The Icom 706MkIIg worked well with the Little Tarheel II.  I had some issues
with my computer, as Windows decided it was time to update itself while I
wasn't looking.  I had to operate manually for about 20 minutes until Windows
repaired itself.

We ended up spending a lot of time (about 5 hours) away from the radio on
little hikes at Backbone State Park, Mines of Spain in Dubuque, and on the new
trail in Decorah.  So, it seemed like we were stuck in a few counties for a
long time.  The best runs were on Sunday afternoon when there were more DX
stations calling.  Some people are saying that propagation wasn't the best, but
it seemed like I could always hear someone.  Thanks to all the spotters.  It
looks like I was spotted everywhere, although spotting myself on 40m was
necessary at times.

We took a wrong turn in Dubuque and ended up in Wisconsin, so we ran an extra
county that we didn't expect.  And with all the stops for hikes and pictures,
we ran late on Sunday and missed a few counties at the end.  But we still made
it home at a decent time.

Once again, I was having too much fun doing CW and never managed to make any
SSB contacts.  Sorry about that.

Hope to see you in the Kansas QSO Party in late August.  I'll be using N0U.
Before that, we plan to be mobile for a few weeks in MN, ON, MI, WI, IL, and
MO.  No specific plans yet.

Iowa Counties transmitted from (counts include dupes):  Polk (12), Story (6),
Hamilton (8), Hardin (11), Grundy (14), Black Hawk (18), Buchanan (21), Fayette
(18), Clayton (27), Delaware (27), Dubuque (36), Allamakee (37), Winneshiek
(15), Howard (24), Mitchell (27), Floyd (27), Chickasaw (14), Bremer (29),
Butler (29), Franklin (23).  Also, Grant County, Wisconsin (15).