[3830] NAQP CW N5UM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5um@cox.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N5UM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2013 05:01:19 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N5UM
Operator(s): N5UM
Station: N5UM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    0     0
   80:   71    27
   40:  252    43
   20:  185    44
   15:  103    28
   10:   40    16
-------------------
Total:  651   158  Total Score = 102,858

Club: DFW Contest Group

Team: DFWCG Kinks

Comments:

Maiden contest voyage for the new N5UM rig - a brand new Icom IC-7410 with 3 KHz
roofing filter.  Traded in the old IC-756 after 15 years of faithful service.
I am very pleased with the performance of the 7410 in the contest.   The
receiver is much better than the old 756.  It is a lot more pleasant to listen
to, and I know I managed to save several QSOs that I would not have been able
to pull out of the noise with the old rig.

Hellacious QRN on 40 and 80.   There were some storms to the north of the QTH,
but none close enough for me to have to QRT.  Sorry to those I was not able to
copy.

Best hour was 98 Qs between 2016Z and 2116Z running on 20M.   Also had an 88 Q
hour running on 40 later.

Antenna still the same - Hustler 6BTV on ground over 24 or so radials. My 160
meter antenna is down, so no extra Qs and mults down there this year.

Not sure if I will be on for the NAQP SSB - I might, but it won't be a full
time or serious effort.

Thanks to NM5M for the invitation to be on a DFW Contest Group team.   That
gave me a bit more motivation to hit this contest harder than I otherwise would
have :-)

73, Al N5UM