[3830] NAQP CW K7RL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mitch@k7rl.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K7RL Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2013 18:37:15 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:    7     4
   80:   72    29
   40:  230    43
   20:  361    52
   15:  304    52
   10:   36    20
-------------------
Total: 1010   200  Total Score = 202,000

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team: Wire Nuts

Comments:

Fun contest with good conditions. 40m was a challenge this time with very high
static levels, rapid fading, and somewhat short skip. As a result, my
multiplier total took a big hit. Most east coast stations were weaker than
usual, while those within 500 miles were unusually strong, including my
neighbors to the north in BC. I apologize to some for the repeat requests. The
noise was so high I had to switch between the RX ant and TX ant for the most
readable signal and missed a key dit or dash. Thank you for hanging in there!

10m was open at the start into GA, AL, NC, SC, then moved north into New
England. Not much activity, but the stations I worked had great signals. K5ZD
wins the meter busting award!

160m was pretty rough and attempts to move stations usually resulted in,
&quot;No ant sri.&quot; VE3EJ was the only signal heard from back east and K0SD
from the midwest. Unfortunately, neither station could hear me. Might be time to
reconfigure my antenna for better performance.

Thank you to all for the Qs, especially those that were able to QSY.

73, Mitch, K7RL