[3830] EUHF Champ ES5RR(ES2RR) Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, toivo.hallikivi@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] EUHF Champ ES5RR(ES2RR) Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 08:23:53 +0000
                    European HF Championship

Call: ES5RR
Operator(s): ES2RR
Station: ES5TV

Class: Mixed HP
QTH: Jogeva
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

  160:   102     0     43
   80:   217    40     57
   40:   253    50     58
   20:   148   176     62
   15:   199   178     63
   10:   220   110     63
---------------------------
Total:  1139   564    346  Total Score = 589,238

Club:

Comments:

In addition to these 1703 EU QSO's another 35 DX-QSO's were made. Decided that
it was easier just to work all callers instead of explaining the contest rules.
Hope they will call me also this weekend in WAE -:)

Very similar conditions and operating pattern to my previous effort in 2011 -
spent too much time on 10 and 15 and was running out of time for all other
bands. Lower bands were very noisy, even 20 meters, but copying on 80 and 160
was especially difficult due to thunderstorms somewhere close by.

I used cluster and skimmer this time and made a few mults more compared to my
2011 non-assisted effort but overall score improvement was not that big.
Cluster and skimmer made the second radio operation much easier even though the
point'n'shoot method was less fun than tuning the VFO to find stations. 230
second radio QSO's were made (in-band SO2R), mostly on CW. Still need to work
on my SSB SO2R skills.

Many thanks once again to ES5TV for letting me use his station and for even
driving to the QTH (150+ km) the week before to set it up for me. Everything
worked flawlessly, no technical issues whatsoever.

73's & thanks to all for the QSO's,

Toivo, ES2RR