[3830] NAQP CW K4MM(W4IX) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jrcccd@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K4MM(W4IX) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 14:02:48 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K4MM
Operator(s): W4IX
Station: K4MM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   21    13
   80:   67    25
   40:  161    41
   20:  165    43
   15:   74    27
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  488   149  Total Score = 72,712

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC #1

Comments:

Ended up in Florida during this one so decided to try to get on at my dads
station...His Kenwood TS2000 is really in bad shape, it has some kind of audio
problem, with the AF gain turned all the way down, there is a loud hiss and
high pitched ring coming through the speaker..even worse with the headphones
on...I had to turn the AF gain halfway up to hear anything weak, made for a
long ten hours on the ears...only had 2 antennas to work with so I just used
which ever one sounded the best and tuned it with the MFj tuner...20 meters
sounded pretty good with a 160 meter Inv L so I kept plugging away and
occasionaly went to 15 and ten..10 was a washout for me with just wire
antennas..tried KH6CJJ but got there too late. 40 was loaded but just could not
get any runs going..used an 80 meter sloper that was just 25 feet up on the
tower and only 2 feet from the ground on the end...80 and 160 were noisy but
most stations seemed to copy me eventually...No luck running on any band. Great
job by all the high scores and working this one under these condx. was better
than not working it at all..Thanks to K4MM for letting me operate..( 6 meters
has been awful from EL97 anyway )..73's