[3830] WAE CW K1IMI(N4CW) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4CW@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW K1IMI(N4CW) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 00:08:15 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: K1IMI
Operator(s): N4CW
Station: K1IMI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Maine-USA
Operating Time (hrs): 28.5

   80:    6     0    20
   40:  165   119   108
   20:  512   589    88
   15:  437   424    86
   10:    4     0     8
-------------------------
Total: 1124  1132   310  Total Score = 696,570

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Phew! What a workout! Lots of fun and no frequency fights! I need to mention
some trashy signals...operators should have the means of exchanging faulty
equipment on short notice. Some care...some don't! Lots of terrific CW ops out
there...I worked a bunch of them.
Decided to go low power using the KX3 and Acom 1000 amp for 100W -- just about
right with 5W drive! Humble antenna system: Acom LP at 15 Meters height, 40M
ground-mounted vertical with 8 or 9 radials, and an OCF 80M antenna sloping
from 55 feet to 20 feet! That's it! The KX3 was terrific! I chose to use it
instead of
a Kenwood TS-480SAT because the receiver in the KX3 is far superior and I don't
have to listen to the Kenwood's relays!!! A flawless hardware operation.
I'm getting along in years and can't keep this pace up forever, but it sure is
fun! Thanks to the DARC for sponsoring such a fine contest. QTC????