[3830] WAE CW NA8V Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hgchapoton@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW NA8V Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 16:32:08 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: NA8V
Operator(s): NA8V
Station: NA8V

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Mi
Operating Time (hrs): 33

   80:   34          10
   40:  187          34
   20:  432          40
   15:  440          39
   10:    1           1
-------------------------
Total: 1094  1094   302  Total Score = 660,776

Club:

Comments:

The WAE has always been one of my favorites and this year was no exception.

Condx were very poor on 80 and 10.  40 was good but noisy.  20 and 15 could
have used a few more spots but were decent.  15 had a lot of QSB but stayed
open quite late and to all areas of EU.  The bands seemed a little better on
Sunday than Saturday.  Conditions might have been a little better than
activity.  There was an abundance of open freqs on all bands.

I thought my rates looked lower on paper than what they seemed, when you factor
in the QTC's they look a lot better.  Tried to stay current.  Might have been
able to make a few more Q's if I had deferred some during the higher rate
periods but if I had them I passed them out.  I was constantly amazed at the
skill of the EU ops.

Only contact on 10 was IT9/KA1R.  It took a LOT of calling, but he finally dug
me out.  Thanks for your persistance!  I probably lost 20 Q's on the other
bands, but i got fixated on having at least one contact on 10!  Heard some
pings calling the SA folks, nothing really copiable.

greg/na8v