[3830] NAQP SSB WQ6X Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB WQ6X Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 07:04:27 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: WQ6X

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Brentwood Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:    1     1
   80:   15     4
   40:   24    10
   20:   59    27
   15:   36    16
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  135    58  Total Score = 7,830

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

SOAPBOX: This is another WQ6X portable operation from the QTH of N6GEO in
Brentwood, Ca.  Because I was also running the SARTG RTTY contest, I was hoping
to use the Flex-1500 for NAQP SSB at the same time and found that I was lacking
microphone cables so I swapped in my trusty ICOM-7000 for the NAQP work.
Antenna was a ground mounted Hustler 6-BTV vertical loaded with radials which
even tuned on 160 for one QSO.
The Solar Flux jumped mid contest from 123 to 149 and then back to 129. Solar
noise on 40-M was HORRIBLE making weak signal copy difficult.
10-meters was dead all day and 15-meters didn't really open until about 22:00z.
 40 & 80 meters were late in opening but then produced some Q's.
It was a kick getting QSO credit for a couple of lighthouse stations; most
notably OZ5ESB in Denmark and KD7JB in Washington State.