[3830] NAQP SSB W6NF/VE4 Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vhfplus@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W6NF/VE4 Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 11:31:59 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: W6NF/VE4
Operator(s): W6NF
Station: W6NF/VE4

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Oakbank, MB
Operating Time (hrs): 2

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:   0      0
   20:  12     12
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  12     12  Total Score = 144

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #4

Comments:

There is nothing like experiencing an M-Class flare at 50-degrees north
latitude!

Noise level on 20 was S8-9 with rapid QSB. At about 0100UTC K4XS, for example,
was going from S9 +15db to the noise in 15 second cycles...it was amazing. My
XYL was running the second leg of SARTG RTTY when this hit. She toughed it out
for about an hour and a half then let me try NAQP SSB. I found *one* workable
signal right at the start (K4RO) and that QSO was painful. Neither 15 nor 10
produced any signals at all for me.

Disappointing since the stations I did work seemed excited to get the MB mult!
25-watts and a poor antenna on a 3rd floor apartment balcony made it even
worse.