[3830] NAQP SSB N4VI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cadamsins@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N4VI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 18:31:04 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: N4VI
Operator(s): N4VI
Station: N4VI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

  160:
   80:   74    31
   40:   82    31
   20:  127    33
   15:   13     8
   10:
-------------------
Total:  296   103  Total Score = 30,488

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Antennas:

80m Dipole, apex 44'
40m/15m Dipole, apex 44'
20m: Initially either of the above, then put up 20m square loop

Got the 80m dipole up for CW version and of course we had thunderstorms and the
band really wasn't worth the pain. Didn't do enough in the two week gap but did
refurbish the 80m and 40m dipoles (they had been laying on the ground for eons.
Pulled out this 20m dual quad broadside array that N0HF and I had used in FD
> 10 years ago.

I made the executive decision that getting the 20m dual loops up would be an
exercise in too much work for the time alloted. Of course, then I tried working
20m with the dipoles and determined that wasn't an acceptable solutoin. I was
hit by the inspiration that I could put up a single 20m loop w/o too much
hassle. That turned out to be true and was well worth the effort.

Now have numerous ideas on how to improve the "antenna farm".

Overall had fun, it's been a long time since I've spent a significant amount of
time "in the chair". Had a few good runs. felt relatively loud on 80,
didn't feel as "loud" on 40m and 20m was much improved one I got the
loop up.

I'm looking forward to participating in the fall contest season.

73's

Chris / n4vi
Boulder