[3830] NAQP SSB N6ZFO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N6ZFO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 21:44:00 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 3

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   9      7
   15:  83     38
   10:
-------------------
Total:  92     45  Total Score = 4,140

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #3

Comments:

QRT at 0000Z to run award ceremony at our Observatory/Planetarium. . . followed
by lecture on "Search for Life in the Universe"  Speaker, who is a
young and very good local amateur astronomer, discussed SETI at some length,
raising the issue that another civilization might not be that likely to use
radio at all.  He claims only one interesting sequence been read in 50 year of
work, originating just to the East of the constellation Scorpio.  That's kind
of like the HF bands in NAQP this weekend. . not much out there.

But sporadically on 15 signals were strong. . . VE9OA notably so.  For some
reason just couldn't raise VE1PEW, although he was a solid S-6 here. Same
problem with the XE3.  Finally engaged KP4WQ in an enjoyable conversation to
pick up the KP4 mult. . maybe talked w/ him for 3 mins or so, then there was a
pileup no doubt frustrated with my not taking the qso too seriously.

In brief excursions to 20m worked most everything I could hear, but not much
there except VE6BMX who was very strong.