[3830] NAQP SSB K6GHA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6gha@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K6GHA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 00:14:31 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K6GHA
Operator(s): K6GHA
Station: K6GHA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Santa Cruz
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    0     0
   80:    2     2
   40:   41    17
   20:  343    51
   15:   58    24
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  445    95  Total Score = 42,275

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #2

Comments:

Although conditions (as noted by many others) were… um… poor for a while, I
finally found my stride and was able to run awhile. In fact when it got good, I
ended up locked in on 20m with one good hour where I was able to get 85 Qs (a
good rate for me). This is a nice change vs. trying to run with the big dogs
(big power).
Thanks to Jim K9YC for my last contact on 40m and only one on 10m.  Again, just
didn’t hear anyone on 10m the three times I searched.
 A lot of holes this year in the sweep attempt. Makes you appreciate it all the
more when it is accomplished. Missed the Canadians YT, QC, PE and NL.  Also
missed States RI, VT, AK and HI (really?).  It is funny how that works when you
are trying to run and not just S&P the whole time.
 Note to self… have liquid food on hand when running; a sloppy sandwich just
ends in garbled Phone messages and a keyboard that needs cleaning. 