[3830] YO HF YR1C(@YO4NA) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, yo9gzu@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] YO HF YR1C(@YO4NA) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 03:19:26 +0000
                    YO DX HF Contest

Call: YR1C
Operator(s): YO4NA YO9GZU
Station: YO4NA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Constanta
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:   127     8     33
   40:   326    66     49
   20:   466   128     70
   15:   319    72     59
   10:   175     6     42
---------------------------
Total:  1413   280    254  Total Score = 2,054,352

Club:

Comments:

This is the third time we tried a partial long distance remote operation. The
previous ones are IARU and EUHF. In IARU we operated the 20m CW station for
YR0HQ, and everything worked well during my shifts. The second attempt was EU
HF, which I tried to do as SOHP CW. That one turned out to be a total crash. 3
hours into the contest I discovered that my internet connection is very poor,
and after struggling with heavy delays and poor quality audio, I had to quit. I
called AT&T and found out that they changed my service few days before,
without any prior announcement.

Because of that, I decided to do this one from work, where the internet
connection is solid and safe. So there I was, setting up a cozy shack made of 3
monitors, 2 computers, headset, and a station located 12000 km away :) As
always, Cornel took care of everything prior to the contest, making it as easy
as plug and play. We conveniently split the operating times, so we could take
care of personal duties during the contest.

Concerning my remote operation, there were just minor issues this time. I had
some difficulties operating SSB in 80m, 40m and, at times 20m. They were caused
mostly by a weird antivox audio setting in the VOIP client, which randomly
prevented vox release on my site. Apologies to those I could not suddenly
return their call.

The propagation was better than last years. There are a lot of good scores
among YO stations. We managed to break the 2 mil point barrier, an all time
record for YR1C in YODX. Congrats to YP9W and YR9R for their solid show up.
There are also few foreign stations with impressive totals.

As always, it was exciting to watch the real time competition on
www.cqcontest.ru, a tool that is growing more and more with every contest. It's
uncool though that there are many users which log in just to see others' scores,
without posting theirs. It would definitely be more fun to have everyone sharing
their real time scores.

Contesting from this part of the world is much more friendly with job duties.
It's cool to have a full Sunday for recovering. It also feels weird to work 80m
in the middle of the day and 10m in the middle of the night. However, operating
a local station in YODX, mostly an EU contest, would have definitely been at
least boring.

See you in the next one.
In behalf of YR1C,
Tibi W6/YO9GZU (San Diego, CA)