[3830] TnQP N4ZZ/M Multi-Op MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ad4eb@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] TnQP N4ZZ/M Multi-Op MobileCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 18:40:19 +0000
                    Tennessee QSO Party

Call: N4ZZ/M
Operator(s): AD4EB N4ZZ KI4HVY
Station: N4ZZ/M

Class: Multi-Op MobileCW LP
QTH: All over TN
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:   163                   38
   40:   747                   60
   20:   319                   42
   15:    18                    6
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
-----------------------------------
Total:  1247    0       0     146  Total Score = 559,686

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

This was our 4th mobile operation in the TNQP.  We did not score as high as in
previous years, but we sure had fun.  This year we were better prepared
(additional grounding), and ran an improved driving route (27 counties this
year).

As usual, signal conditions improved as time progressed. We had many big
pileups, which sure made it exciting. I read some of the previous posts on
3830, and appreciate the nice comments made about all the TN mobile stations
this year. Don and I were sending 40 WPM at times, and you all seemed to copy
us with no problem. This contest draws fantastic CW operators, we appreciate
all of you.  Don and I switched operating about every 2 hours.  Don had the
highest hourly rate of 174, obtained during the last hour of the contest while
running 80m and 40m.

In hindsight we should have spent more time on 15m.  OM2VL moved us there a few
time, and I requested a few moves, which resulted in 6 multiplies (mults ended
up worth 8.5 QSOs).  We could have had many more, 15m signals were good.

Tom KV8Q gets top honors with 33 QSOs, way to go, you followed us everywhere it
seemed.  He sent 'say hello to Melody' once, which she appreciated.  Tom knows
who is the key person on our team.  And for DX, Laci OM2VL had 27 QSOs.  Laci,
you have a most amazing signal, often breaking the pileups with ease. You are a
FB CW operator as well, hope to keep working in these mobile contests.  Here are
the top 20 stations for the number of QSOs (thanks for hanging in there with
us):

KV8Q(33)
NW0M(28)
OM2VL(27)
WB8JUI(26)
KQ3F(24)
VE9AA(24)
N4UC(22)
N4UF(22)
VE1RGB(21)
K5YAA(20)
KU8E(20)
W0GXQ(20)
W9RE(20)
K3TW(19)
K5LH(19)
N4DW(18)
VE7CV(18)
AA7V(17)
AE8M(17)
WA6KHK(17)

A big thanks to Melody for being our trusted driver and navigator.  You really
help make this a fun and safe event for Don and I, it is much appreciated.

The N4ZZ/m team is are already looking forward to TNQP 2014, hope to see you
then.

73 - Jim (AD4EB), Don (N4ZZ), and Melody (KI4HVY)