[3830] TnQP NY4N/M SO MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ny4n@aol.com
Subject: [3830] TnQP NY4N/M SO MobileCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 18:35:55 +0000
                    Tennessee QSO Party

Call: NY4N/M
Operator(s): NY4N
Station: NY4N/M

Class: SO MobileCW LP
QTH: VARIOUS COUNTIES
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:   35                    16
   40:  561                    59
   20:  196                    30
   15:    1                     1
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
-----------------------------------
Total:  793     0       0     106  Total Score = 299,238

Club:

Comments:

This claimed score includes all bonuses.

Murphy struck before the contest even began. My laptop, which was 15+ years
old, finally died as we were getting ready to start. No logging and no keying.
I was ready to bag up and go home, then I realized I had stuck a set of paddles
and a legal pad in the van before we left home. Needless to say, we operated the
entire contest with manual keying and paper logs! It IS possible to key paddles
with a pen in the same hand.

Using paddles on flat roads is tough, but on bumpy highways, it can be a
headache. My apologies to all that though I was a LID and couldn't send very
well. Thanks again for following me around and put up with my non-sense.

OM2VL was strong all day. I can't remember all North American stations who hung
in there, but KV8Q, VE7CV, K4BAI and WB8JUI were in the log several times. N4DW,
in Sullivan County, Tennessee, was also in the log plenty.

I would also like to brag on my driver, Becky, AF4QB, also my wife. She is a 15
year veteran driving me all over the 18 States we have operated in so far. Give
her a map and a highlighter, she is good to go. She never misses a road and
never gets lost. That is a big comfort to me. All I have do is operate. I could
not do it without her.

That is it from here. If you need a County confirmed, drop me a card. I am slow
as I wait till I get a few before filling them out, but I QSL 100 %.

Thanks for supporting us hams in Tennessee!

73, NY4N & AF4QB