[3830] NA Sprint CW NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 04:50:34 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   12
   40:   54
   20:   83
---------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Aargh, My worst score in a long time (2009). I was slow
off the starting line, never got two radios going well,
didn't get a third hour 40m boost like usual, and really
did poorly on 80m. At least the computer didn't lock-up
like on Thursday night. The only success was I stayed with
it to the end.  With the kilowatts on the band, I lost so
many jump balls I had to CQ just to fill the waiting time.

So many people seemed to give up in the middle of the QSO
without a ?, SRI or NIL. I had to guess whether to keep
them in the log. If you already sent your exchange, I have
it fine!  So don't be silent - Ask for a fill, or say SRI or
NIL and I'll take it out of the log. When you say nothing I
don't know what to do!

I do much better in the Thursday night NCCC sprints, and I
enjoy them more. I've got to rethink how I do these NA
Sprints.

NN7SS Burt WA (op K6UFO)

20m: C-31XR at 71ft, 3el Steppir at 40ft
40m: Force 12 Delta 240 at 78ft
80m: Delta Loop from 70 ft
Two Kenwood TS-590s turned down to 5 watts
Writelog and Microham keyer

QSO by hour and band.
        80M     40M     20M    Total   Cumm
00Z       -       2      44       46     46
01Z       -       3      30       33     79
02Z       -      27       9       36    115
03Z      12      22       -       34    149
Total:   12      54      83