[3830] NA Sprint SSB KB9UWU HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kb9uwu@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB KB9UWU HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 04:23:41 +0000
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - September

Call: KB9UWU
Operator(s): KB9UWU
Station: KB9UWU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   44
   40:   79
   20:   82
---------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: WWYC

Comments:

Second sprint in 10 years, I feel rusty!  Spent lots of time tuning around
trying to finding someone to work, maybe I should've CQed more? Had a few 5+
minute periods with no Q's.  80 was a disaster.  It was very noisy and not much
activity.  Lost at least 3 q's because the pigfarmers would whistle/hum/burp etc
over weak station saying exchange.  3850 seems odd for a suggested frequency.
Lots of room below 3800.  Thanks to KU5B for organizing a WWYC team and getting
us on the air!

K3, al800h, hexbeam at 50' stuck west (rotor not turning, probably for better
with wae) 40m rotary at 40', 80m dipole at 40'

Matt