[3830] WAE SSB PJ2T M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, uli@thielke.cc
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB PJ2T M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 13:17:51 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): DL8OBQ K8LEE
Station: PJ2T

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Curacao
Operating Time (hrs): 41

   80:  128     0    31
   40:  518   241    40
   20: 1041   969    46
   15: 1069  1180    48
   10:  319    90    32
-------------------------
Total: 3075  2480   496  Total Score = 2,753,000

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

This time my visit at PJ2T was a work trip. The main goal was to change the
Europe antenna on the ridge from a trap antenna to the Skyhawk Bencher.
Now this antenna can be used by 3 stations at once because we have installed a
triplexer!

After that I had the honor to test this new installation in the WAE. And it
worked very well!
I have choosen M/S because I wanted to operate as much as possible. Wayne,
K8LEE helped me a bit in the morning so I was able to get my breakfast.
The second night I took a nap, a bit longer than I wanted. But after that I
felt much better and had no problems to stay awake for the remaining time.

The conditions were much better than expected. Even 10m worked for a while on
both days. On Saturday I had an opening to DL only. I sounded like a local
German test, weird.
Only in the afternoon it was a bit slow when 20 did not work well and 15 was
nearly done.

I should have taken more pressure to the QTCs. After the first day I was 600
QTCs behind. The second day I took more care about that but I still got 600
QTCs left.

This score is close to the SA record. But I guess it will not stay after log
checking.

Thanks to the CCC that I was allowed to use their super-station!
And thanks for all the QSOs!

73, Uli