[3830] ARRL Sep VHF WA2FGK(K2LNS) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF WA2FGK(K2LNS) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 01:20:25 +0000
                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: WA2FGK
Operator(s): K2LNS
Station: WA2FGK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN21
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  203    39
    2:  155    42
  222:   83    31
  432:  102    32
  903:   30    15
  1.2:   46    21
  2.3:   26    13
  3.4:   18     8
  5.7:   12     8
  10G:   13     7
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  688   216  Total Score = 266,112

Club: Mount Airy

Comments:

I started on a nice frequency on 6 meters, and had a tremendous run. When things
slowed down I switched to 2 meters and was I in for a shock. The band was very
inactive on Saturday afternoon and early evening. Things did pick up at 8pm and
remained steady until I shut down at midnight. What really amazed me was the
lack of contacts I had on the microwave bands on Saturday. I have a serious
problem on 903 with a cell tower being 1,000 feet away. It's killing my totals
on that band. We had blown up one of our phased 3456 amps and were way down in
power on that band.
Without pushing myself I had a fun contest. Thanks to everyone who gave me a
shout
If not iced up, ( 50/50 chance ), I look forward to January
73's
Herb at FGK