[3830] Salmon Run WS7L SO Cnty DXpedMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Salmon Run WS7L SO Cnty DXpedMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 04:46:45 +0000
                    Washington State Salmon Run

Call: WS7L
Operator(s): WS7L
Station: WS7L

Class: SO Cnty DXpedMixed HP
QTH: PAC
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:    2      3
   80:   49     26
   40:   94     55
   20:   99     29      5
   15:   53      9
   10:   12      3
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  309    125      5  Mults = 95  Total Score = 115,240

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Score includes 1000 points for contacting W7DX on phone & CW.

Amazed at the activity level in this one! Had great time while on a beach
vacation in Ocean Park, Pacific County.

The only perplexing thing was the near utter lack of RTTY activity. I CQ'ed
several times on several bands and came up mostly dry. Just got those 5 on 20
meters. Two of those didn't even seem to know what a QSO party is, and
unleashed their macros of doom on me as soon as I answered them. But I got my
only NE multiplier there so I guess I oughtn't complain.

High point was finally getting KD7JB for my only Asotin as my last QSO, finding
that he needed Pacific. Only missed one county, Benton.

I vacation here every year and I think I'll keep on timing it to coincide with
Salmon Run, unless I end up joining an expedition to one of the really rare
counties. Too much fun to miss!

K-line + R7 vertical for 10-40 + 66 foot wire thrown over a branch for 80-160

73 & thanks for the Q's,
Carl WS7L