[3830] CQ WW RTTY AD5OW M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5tit.tx@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY AD5OW M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 23:58:58 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: AD5OW
Operator(s): AD5OW N5TIT KF5MEG
Station: AD5OW

Class: M/S LP
QTH: MS
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:   77       32       5     6
   40:  206       41      34    17
   20:  160       36      41    16
   15:  224       20      56    23
   10:   61        6      28    16
------------------------------------
Total:  728      135     164    78  Total Score = 553,813

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

This contest was a BLAST!!!  For the first time in a long while we teamed up for
a multi op, semi serious effort.  Our goals were simple, keep the station up for
48 hours, make 600 QSO's and break 500K in points.  We agreed on 4 hour shifts
to stay fresh and keep the station up for the full 48 hours and setup a mult
station to see if we could work a few extra stations along the way.  At the
opening of the contest we S&P'd mostly, however a few runs were attempted
with marginal success.  The overnight on Friday yielded the most success on
40M.  Saturday morning 15M exploded with activity right after sunrise.  It was
quickly realized that 15M was going to be out bread and butter band this
contest.  A few runs were attempted however again never able to be sustained,
so most of the QSO's on the higher bands were S&P.  Saturday night we were
finally able to get a few runs on 40M and 80M to boost our numbers in part to
being spotted on the DX Cluster, thanks goes out to KB9NW and KC0BMF for
spotting us.  While AS, SA and EU were plentiful AF was for the most part
absent.  Some success was also made to VK/ZL and OC.  Overall we had a great
time and learned a lot as we always do.  Thanks for all the Q's and Mults and
will be back next year for sure.

Equipment:
  Kenwood TS-2000 (FSK W3YY interface) - Run)
  Icom IC-746 (AFSK (SignalLink) - Mult)

Antennas:
  Mosley TA33 at  35ft.
  20M Dipole at 50ft.
  80M/40M Wire Vertical made by "ChainLink"