[3830] CQ WW RTTY KE7AUB SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY KE7AUB SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 06:07:01 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KE7AUB
Operator(s): KE7AUB
Station: KE7AUB

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: OREGON
Operating Time (hrs): 23

   80:    2       1       1     1
   40:   95      32      17    15
   20:   58      26      17    12
   15:  159      21      43    18
   10:   46      15      19    16
-----------------------------------
Total:  360      95      97    62  Total Score = 197,612

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

15M was a big surprise! If I hear DX on the entire 15M at 7:30 am my time with
my alleged 57 foot random wire antenna in the attic of the QTH and the DX hears
me with 100W back, 15M is rocking big time regardless of the SFI. I guess the
Sun forgot to tell 15M this, since 15M acted like the SFI was much higher. 40M
was an ever bigger surprise for me since I worked a bunch of DX in to Europe
with a lousy 100 watts and 57 feet of 12 gauge copper wire. 10M was a surprise
too, but at least in my case, the Sun did tell 10M that the SFI was low. But I
had some EU DX on 10M which in my case from the Pacific Northwest is no small
feat.

My overall score from last year's event was down by 17K points. But on the
bright side 15M activity was up nearly 50 pct, and 40M was up 50 pct. Best 40M
effort in to Europe for me - heard a lot of EU DX and worked a lot of it!

10M was down for me from last year, by 70 pct. - tried to run but no luck this
year. Had more luck on 40M when running this year, if one can call my short
runs a run. My overall Q count was down by 28 with one less hour of operating
this year. Had a real tough time working in to Russia and South East Asia - I
heard them, but they sure did not hear me. Very strange. No VK's this year
either and no Africa. But then I had the most QSO's with zone 20 ever.
Weird.....

Thanks to all who heard my signals and many thanks for the points and eventual
QSL's - especially for all that new 40M EU DX I worked. :)