[3830] CQ WW RTTY WA8HSB SOAB(A) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john.aeiker@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY WA8HSB SOAB(A) QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 18:08:33 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: WA8HSB
Operator(s): WA8HSB
Station: WA8HSB

Class: SOAB(A) QRP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 3.0

   80:
   40:  21       12       8     8
   20:  10        4       8     7
   15:  13        5       7     7
   10:   9        5       5     4
-----------------------------------
Total:  53       26      28    26  Total Score = 8,160

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

TS-850S to attic antenna farm with N1MM.  Limited time to operate so tried
"Assisted" for the first time.  It seemed to work better than my
normal S&P at times and then, not so well at other times.  May need to try
it again sometime.

No contacts on Friday night which was odd.  Everything appeared good but, no
one was hearing me.  Turned other rig on to check my signal and heard Mark tone
only; no diddles.  Traced problem to a virtual com port issue/conflict only
after reworking my FSK interface though on Saturday morning.  Com port issue
was the result of trying to set N1MM & HRD up a few weeks ago for remote
RTTY operation while traveling on business.  Should have tested setup on
Thursday night warmup!  Will have to revisit that setup later.

Thanks to all who persisted with pulling my QRP signal out of the noise and QRM
(lots of activity which is a good thing!!).

73, John
WA8HSB