[3830] CQ WW RTTY VE7CC(@VE7SV) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve7cc@shaw.ca
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY VE7CC(@VE7SV) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 06:19:57 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VE7CC
Operator(s): VE7CC
Station: VE7SV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 35
Radios: SO2R

   80:  223       45      13    12
   40:  632       51      71    28
   20:  684       51      70    27
   15:  761       40      67    28
   10:  161       28      32    18
------------------------------------
Total: 2461      215     253   113  Total Score = 3,573,731

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

Pleased to see such great conditions.

Murphy was busy this year.

Just after the high bands opened to Europe on Saturday morning, I had to QRT
for 3h 35 mins to drive a friend to the airport.  Then 2 hours after I got back
on, the AC power failed for 3h 15 mins during a huge wind storm.  That certainly
didn't help the score.

On Sunday I found 10 was open to Europe, but i could not switch antennas
properly.  Spent another 45 mins going up and down the tower in pouring rain
trying to figure out the problem.  Finally got it fixed.  The tower is 1000 ft
from the shack, but requires a 4 wheel drive vehicle to get up the muddy road
to where it is, on top of a small mountain.  The antenna switches have been
damaged by lightning strikes twice in the last couple of months.

Have a bad local noise problem on high bands when beaming towards Europe.  This
really slowed things down and lost many QSOs.  Dale, VE7SV, and myself have been
looking for the source of this noise since late last year.  We are still
looking!

Thanks for all the QSOs.  In spite of all the problems, I had a great time.

Lee VE7CC