[3830] TxQP NO5W SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP NO5W SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 21:41:35 +0000
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:
   40:   37
   20:   25
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   62     0       0  Mults = 49  Total Score = 9,614

Club: Northwest Amateur Radio Society

Comments:

I knew it would happen sooner or later, that the TQP date would collide with my
XYL's birthday. She has been very supportive over the last ten years when I
would be operating mobile in the TQP but this year was one of those special ten
year events, one of those of the Big X-O variety. The kids wanted a night on the
town, and there's plenty of opportunity for that here in the Big Easy, so that's
what we did.

Sunday after everyone was back at the airport and on their way I was able to
get in some time in the TQP, parked in the mobile at a local park close to the
house. Except for a few bio-break runs back to the house I managed to put in a
full day Sunday. It was interesting to hear the TQP from outside and
fortunately Texas is big enough that there was prop to New Orleans from at
least some part of the state on 40m and 20m all day so I kept busy enough.

But of course it was not nearly as much fun as being on the road in Texas and
hopefully that's where I'll be in 2014.

73/Chuck/NO5W