[3830] TxQP K5CM SO Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5cm-2@suddenlink.nte
Subject: [3830] TxQP K5CM SO Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 18:12:24 +0000
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: K5CM
Operator(s): K5CM
Station: K5CM

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  1597    44      0  Mults = 115  Total Score = 590,085

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

Score does include bonus points.
Condx were good both days. The large pile-us made this party fun. Hard to leave
a county with stations still calling.
Even one Q is appreciated but here are the most worked stations:
25 or more:
W5CW, OM2VL, WA6KHK, N6MU, N4PN, VE3KZ
20 or more:
VE7CV, N1LN, N4CD, K3TW, DK2OY
15 or more:
WA4GQG, W0GXQ, NR5M, N3RJ, DL6KVA, WB5KSD, N9AUG, KN4Y, VE3OM, N8II, K5LH,
WB4BKL
8 or more:
W1DWA, N0TA, KC3X, K1TN, DL5ME, W4UT, W1END, SP5SA, ND3R, K9CW, AE5GT, N4UG,
LA8OM KQ3F, KB4FS, K5TIA, N2CQ, K8MFO, K5XR, KA4AMC, DL8MLD, WW7D, WB0PYF,
W8POF SM6VR, KI0I, K5OT, K2SX, W8CAG, W7GF, W2RR, NJ5W, N7XU, KM9R, KB8OMG,
G3XVR, W9MSE, SP6JOE, OK2EC
We lost a lot of time when we headed for the KAUF/ROCK county line. I have
never seen such bumpy roads. It was all I could do to keep the laptop on my lap
at times hi hi. Pam stayed busy dodgeing all the holes and low hanging trees.
Then to add insult to injury, when we got to the county line there was a sign
reading; road impassable when wet. We were only 1 mile from getting back to a
hard surface road, but we had to back track 30 mins over the same bad road we
came in on. The only other excitment was when we came upon several trucks
stopped in the road. Pam and I wondered what was going on. Come to find out
they had stopped to catch or maybe kill this (looked like) six foot rattle
snake!
After reading Jerry's comments about filling up while transmitting, I just have
one request, let me know your route so I want be anywhere near you hi hi...

We did enjoy our Friday afternoon/overnight stay in Paris. Went to MTC and
walked around the old part of town.
Rig:
K3 at 100 watts, Dell modle 620 laptop, Tarheel 200HP with 7 foot whip and
caphat, used manly on 40 and 80, Hamsticks on 20 and 15 meters all on F-150
4X4.(see picture on qrz.com)