[3830] CaQP K6Z M/MCntyExp HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bob.selbrede@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6Z M/MCntyExp HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 00:56:23 +0000
                    California QSO Party

Call: K6Z
Operator(s): K6ZZ W6PH KI6VC K6VR N6WIN W1MD WA1Z K1QX
Station: K6Z

Class: M/MCntyExp HP
QTH: INYO
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:    91     23
   80:   220    177
   40:   247    484
   20:   429    895
   15:   471    676
   10:   153    476
    6:     0      0
    2:     0      0
--------------------
Total:  1611   2731  Mults = 58  Total Score = 597,110

Club: Eastside Contest Group

Comments:

Station Description:

Four stations running N1MM Version 13.8.2 in a wireless network.

10M/80M = K3 and 30L-1; 5 Element Beam at 30 Ft, Quarter-Sloper for 80M; Ops:
W6PH, KI6VC
15M/160M = K3 and AL-1200; 5 Element Beam at 48 Ft, Inverted-L for 160M; Ops:
K6ZZ, N6WIN
20M = K3 and LK-500ZB; 3 Element Beam at 48 Ft; Ops: W1MD, WA1Z
40M = K3 and AL-80A; 40-2CD Beam at 48 Ft; Ops: K6VR, K1QX

Antennas were installed on portable AB-577 military surplus masts and a
homebrew tower trailer.  Yagis for 10M, 15M, 20M were homebrew as well.

Commentary:

Another enjoyable Multi-Multi County Expedition to Inyo County.  Once again
 we had several friends join us from out of state which is a testament to how
 much fun CQP can be.  As we have done for the past several years, we setup
 Field Day style at W6PH's cabin near Lone Pine, CA.  This year we took
 advantage of the new 7 Day Rule for setting up expedition equipment.  W6PH
 started moving the AB-577's and antennas from storage at his house on
 Monday.  In the past we had waited until Thursday so we could set up on
 Thursday afternoon and Friday.  The extra time was helpful as the weather
 was very windy all day Thursday and Friday morning.  Half of our crew worked
 all day Wednesday and Thursday setting up.  The other half arrived on
 Friday.  We managed to have everything set up by Friday afternoon so we were
 able to kick back and enjoy some of KI6VC's great BBQ and Homebrew, a
 tradition for our CQP crew.  It is interesting to see the transformation of
 the cabin site from quiet cozy little hideaway to "what the heck are
those
 guys doing" site.  I'm sure the locals think the NSA has dropped in for
the
 weekend!  We always have a few people stop by and wonder what we are up to.

We had a few minor technical issues but for the most part everything worked
 fairly well.  The 80M Sloper was hung from the same AB-577 that supported
 the 40M beam which resulted in a lot of inter-station interference on 40M.
 That hurt our productivity on 40M somewhat.  We also had a PC failure and
 had to swap computers on one station.  Conditions overall weren't quite as
 good as the past few years but conditions into Europe were vastly improved.
 We were fortunate to have snagged all 58 multipliers about 5 hours into the
 contest.

Thanks to everyone for the QSO's and thanks to the NCCC for sponsoring the
 CQP.

Bob, K6ZZ