[3830] PaQP K3JWI Multi-Op Port LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4nz@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] PaQP K3JWI Multi-Op Port LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 13:10:04 +0000
                    Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: K3JWI
Operator(s): K3JWI K4VIG W4NZ
Station: K3JWI

Class: Multi-Op Port LP
QTH: Huntingdon Co
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:  139
   40:  254
   20:  141
   15:   29
   10:   14
    6:
    2:
---------------------------------------
Total:  577     0       0         0  Mults = 109  Total Score = 125,968

Club:

Comments:

This was our first attempt at a QSO party mini-expedition. Ken K3JWI, Gary K4VIG
and I traveled from Tennessee and Georgia to operate from Ken's family cabin
near Greenwood Furnace State Park in Huntingdon County. Ken grew up in nearby
Belleville. Our setup consisted of a TS590/G5RV and Elecraft K3/40m EDZ with
tuner. The antennas were strung among the trees and up 40 to 50 feet. We used
two laptop computers networked and running N1MM Logger software. Conditions
seemed very good with loud signals from all over. We were cw only and
out-of-state activity seemed a bit sparse at times. However, PA activity seemed
very good. Maybe we'll add ssb operation next year.

I've done several QSO parties from a mobile but this was a new experience.
Thanks to all who stopped by to give us a QSO and help make this
mini-expedition a success and a lot of fun.

73, Ted W4NZ for the K3JWI team