[3830] TBDC WB8JUI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb8jui@juno.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC WB8JUI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 16:00:18 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: WB8JUI
Operator(s): WB8JUI
Station: WB8JUI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Bellevue, OH EN81
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 214  Total Score = 816

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

A nice kickoff to the 160 season.  I started out a bit earlier this year,
letting N1MM auto CQ during the Ohio State/Iowa football game.  Managed to pick
up quite a few contacts during that period.

As usual, I made a mad rush to get the inverted L ready.  I have been traveling
for work the past few weeks and have not had a chance to plant this year's crop
of winter radials.  At about 1900Z I went out in the rain and laid out 8 50'
temporary radials.  Could have used a bunch more, but it was getting close to
game time.

DX was at a premium.  Worked KV4FZ early.  Had G4AMT answer my CQ at EU SR with
a booming signal.  After getting some sleep before local SR, I found KH6LC.  The
following were heard, but not worked - CN2R (loud), E71A, FM5CD, HK1R.

Nice working friends, both new and old.  Also worked quite a few "Stew
newbies".

Thanks to all for the grids, patience, and repeats.  CU all again often
throughout the 160 season.

73 - Rick WB8JUI
Elecraft K3
Inverted L @ 50'