[3830] TBDC W1NN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC W1NN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 00:28:03 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 241  Total Score = 574

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Remote from Japan.  I like doing 160 contests remote from here because it is
daytime for me when the band is open so I don't have to mess up my sleeping
schedule.  I spent much of the day operating but activity was pretty low so I
was able to read the morning paper from front to back and get some work done in
the afternoon while letting Win-Test do the CQing.  I took breaks to have meals
and take a walk with the XYL.  I knocked off at 1045Z to spend the evening with
the XYL.

The antenna is a dipole directly above my pond at an average height of about 45
feet.  I never heard any EU and the only DX worked were FM, KV4, KG4 and HI.  An
HK station was nice and loud but he went QRT before I could work him.  I heard
KH6LC CQing at 0650Z but he was weak and only working the west coast.  He was
gone after about 5 minutes.

It's fun watching the grid map fill up in Win-Test.

Not sure if I can operate the main event in late December.  I am hoping to put
up an inverted vee for the CQWW160 in late January, which I should be able to
do from Ohio.

73, Hal W1NN