[3830] JARTS WK7S(K6LL) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ll.dave@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] JARTS WK7S(K6LL) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 04:24:03 +0000
                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: WK7S
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: WK7S

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Arizona
Operating Time (hrs): 20.5
Radios: SO2R

   80:    8     4
   40:  167    41
   20:  175    48
   15:  542    86
   10:  540    73
-------------------
Total: 1432   252  Total Score = 953,820

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I didn't plan on spending much time in this contest, but conditions were so
good, especially on 10 and 15, that I got sucked into it.  I didn't spend much
time on the lower bands though, so my score could have been a lot better.

The RTTY Skimmers went away on Saturday afternoon due to a technical glitch,
but that was solved, and they began coming back on line later on Sunday.
Hopefully, that issue is solved permanently.

JA participation was excellent.

Since WA1Z has announced that he is going to phase out mastertty.dta, I decided
to use the big master.dta for this contest.  There were quite a few (about 10)
instances of false call signs getting highlighted.  I made notes on some of
them.  I think I will ask if WA1Z can keep doing a special mastertty.  I think
it is better that way.

Once again, I am totally blown away at the powerful combination of 2Tone and
MMTTY.  I found myself wishing for weak callers and pileups to watch those
decoders do their work.  They are very different, each being better under some
conditions.  2Tone seems consistently better on numbers.

Another thing that amazes me is how well the K3 noise blanker eliminates FSK
key clicks, and their were lots of clicks to be eliminated too.

RTTY contesters sure are getting long in the tooth.  I hope they all try to
stay healthy, so they can stick around for a while.

Thanks for all the QSO's!

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL, operator with xyl's call sign K7L.
Age sent was 00. Yes, I was in drag all weekend.