[3830] CQWW SSB NN7SS(K6UFO) SOSB(A)/15 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB NN7SS(K6UFO) SOSB(A)/15 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 00:11:40 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: SOSB(A)/15 QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  109    32       92
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

I worked DXCC QRP the two previous years, so this year
I tried it QRP Single-Band 15m. Yes, also Assisted.
Couldn't quite make it.

First two hours brought me 20 countries mostly Pacific,
then 15m was dead. Saturday morning brought Europeans so
by local noon 19z I had 60 countries. Then it was slow
work of new Caribb and South America. By local Sunset 01z
I had 80 countries. A few additional in the Pacific
finished the evening.

Sunday morning brought Europeans again, but only a few
new countries workable. By 18z I was at 87 countries and
nothing more that could hear me... I kept checking every
hour, but propagation never came up enough for me to work
the remaining dozen new ones while QRP. I could hear them,
but they couldn't hear me in the pileups QRM or their noise
level.

I took the time to troubleshoot some computer problems,
check the spots and listen now and then, but nothing new.

So I couldn't make DXCC QRP while Single-band 15m. Maybe
next time...

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

15m: C-31XR at 71ft, 3el Steppir at 40 ft
Kenwood TS-590s turned down to 5 watts
Writelog software