[3830] CQWW SSB VA3MW SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mike@portcredit.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VA3MW SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 02:34:22 +0000

Rig : TS-480
Amp   : SGC500 brick

Antennas :
160M - 1/4 wave vertical
80M - inverted V at 60 ft
40M - inverted V at 45 ft
20-10M - 3 el Steppir
Pixel RX Loop

This was run 100% at the remote base with me in Toronto.  The only glitch was
when the cable modem apparently had enough on Sunday morning and just --
halted.  It was a good thing the ISP was able to reset it remotely as I was
just about to take the 3 hour round trip drive to figure out what was wrong.

The technical challenge this time was to record all the contest audio with
qsorder.  However, the PC at the far end is not powerful enough to handle the
task and with my setup, N1MM runs at the far end with me 'remote desktopped'
into it.

Fortunately N1MM has been amazingly designed to push the required packet
information correctly and I was able to route that info to the house.  Qsorder
was running here at the house and with the N1MM UDP data packets tunneled
across the internet, I was able to take the audio correctly.  No matter how you
do it, I would highly recommend that you record your contest audio as it is
worth to to double check a few of them if required.  It works amazingly!

This was the first chance I had to play with the 160M vertical with elevated
radials.  The band was noisy but the Pixel RX loop helped and I was able to
snag a few countries.  I really need to test this antenna some more.

Many thanks to those guys that write N1MM.  I don't know how many thousands of
lines of code are in N1MM, but it is rock solid.  Well done!

I'm sure I added many countries to my country list.

What a blast!  Mike va3mw