[3830] CQWW SSB KL7RA M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KL7RA M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 11:17:56 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): AL2F AL7IF KA1NCN KL7HD KL7RA KL7SB WL7BDO
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/M HP
QTH: ALASKA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:    63     9        8
   80:   570    21       31
   40:   780    32       79
   20:  3625    40      136
   15:  4213    38      135
   10:  3662    36      117
-------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Thanks, everyone is welcome that the NPCG conjured up these spectacular radio
conditions and by far the best of the sunspot cycle.

After careful analysis and a consensus of all members of the North Pole Contest
Group we did indeed decide to sacrifice a goat to get better conditions for the
WW. I was thinking something at sunrise with drums and chanting but we went for
just eating one the night before.

Now, before the hate mail starts no animals were hurt is this adventure. By the
quality of the meat I assume this goat did live a normal long and happy life and
died of old age at the goat home. At sunrise there was a raven sitting on the
ten meter stack. Some debate as to what this means but for sure Ten meters was
open more this weekend then in the whole past year.

These excellent conditions did stress the station. The 'high quality' coffee
cup machine flashed some message indicating this is "not" the
industrial grade version and then signed off. Probably forever. The run crew
also worked the night shift as we were always running and I would say the rate
stayed at 10 to 11 Q's per minute for hours. Actually the best I have ever done
in the WW in 50 years and working 40 zones on a band is really cool.

My thanks to the crew, can't do it without them and sorry most didn't get much
sleep having to work dual shifts during this running of the 2014 CQWW which
will go down in history as excellent.

Honest, I didn't know the goat would work so well. 73 Rich KL7RA