[3830] CQWW SSB SW5CC(M5RIC) SOSB/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rich@m5ric.co.uk
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB SW5CC(M5RIC) SOSB/10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 11:28:52 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: SW5CC
Operator(s): M5RIC
Station: SW5CC

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: Rhodes
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 2622
------------------------------
Total: 2622    31       94  Total Score = 505,875

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

What great fun!

This was my first CQWW contest in 7 years having been off air for that time. I
wanted to travel for this and do something other than operate from G.

Arrived at the station and the rotator was not working, managed to get a rope
on one end and I could turn it about 100deg from EU/NA through to JA so at
least the main 2 areas were covered but meant having to choose when to turn it
in the morning. It made multing very hard, at times I could hear a pileup but
not the station calling so could not do anything, I know my score suffered for
this.

To make the best of a bad situation I just ran as much as possible, taking
breaks to go off and find any mults when things got slow. Even though I was not
getting the mults I was having great fun running, it was still a buzz. Seeing
the last hour meter hit over 350 was good.

I got a lot of people asking if SW5 was correct, this is now the prefix for
visitor calls to Greece, you are no longer able to apply for SX, J4 or SZ calls
unless you are local.

Thanks go to Mike SV5BYR for help with the license and SV5KKE for use of the
station on Rhodes.

Equipment:

K3
SPE 1K-FA