[3830] CQWW SSB SN2M(SP2XF) SOSB(A)/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sp2xf@wp.pl
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB SN2M(SP2XF) SOSB(A)/10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 15:55:54 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: SN2M
Operator(s): SP2XF
Station: SP2XF

Class: SOSB(A)/10 HP
QTH: East EU
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 2648    40      158
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Set up:
5/5 el @13/22m + 4 el @17m (X7 cushcraft)
IC775, IC 765 + PA

TNX for all QSO's.
Congrats to OK7K (OK1BN) for his great score.

10M propation was very good and activity even better. Multipath openings to all
continents. I could hear my own echo several times... Very good long path to
central and south America both mornings, been called by PJ2, YN2 at my sunrise,
and lots of PY,LU,CE a bit later. But I had a feeling the path to JA is not 100%
opened. Many signals were very weak.

US/VE opening was great on both days. During Sunday run with NA the rate was
peaking 6-7 QSO's per minute. Amazing experience. I never realized I can speak
so fast :)

KL7RA called abt 14:45 UTC and that was my last missing zone. The were some
more DXCC available mults I could see on the cluster, but I just didn't have
time to turn on the second VFO...

Both mornings my mult antenna on tower 2 was fixed south and that was a very
good decision. I was called by many rare mults from Africa and Middle East and
few KH6 stations coming over the south pole from zone 31.

I really had great fun and made one of my best SOSB results. The only problem
was BIG splatter and some stupid QRMer's. Guys, I'm really impressed with all
your K3, FT5000, etc. RX parameters, but please, don't tell me you did not hear
me 500hz away... No kidding!

This time I also want to mention ED1R wild behaviour, don't know who was their
operator on 10m, but two times during this weekend I had to fight with that
guy, because started CQ on my QRG. Dear friend, if you are not able to find a
good frequency on your own on 28mhz SSB which is 700khz wide - you just
shouldn't sit there.

Finally I want to put my big thank's to Andy SQ2RCM and Maciek SQ6MS that
helped me to put on the stack and other antennas just 2 weeks before the
contest.

73 de SP2XF (SN2M)