[3830] CQWW SSB DR1A M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bernd.fd@gmx.de
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB DR1A M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 18:53:37 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: DR1A
Operator(s): DB6JG DF6JC DJ7EO DK5MX DK5OH DK6WL DL2JRM DL2ZXA DL3BPC DL3DXX
DL3KO DL5CW DL5LYM DL6FBL DL8WPX PA1TX PA9WOR PY2SEX SP3LPG SP5XVY US5WDX
Station: DR1A

Class: M/M HP
QTH: JO31CQ
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   907    16       75
   80:  1795    25       98
   40:  3192    39      138
   20:  3895    40      163
   15:  3027    40      155
   10:  3338    40      164
-------------------------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

In our pre-contest operator meeting we set our goal to break our own M/M EU
continent record set back in 2011. Things were starting well, and around 0900z
on Sunday we were over 2 million points ahead of our old EU M/M record. But
then things got worse and we were constantly losing ground. By the end we were
only less than 100k (!) points ahead of our 2011 raw score... (So much about
propagation here...) Yet we declared that we have reached that one goal. :-)

Although breaking our EU record we will lose it anyway - to the fine team at
ES9C. These guys were catching a super nighttime propagation start on 20m and
15m over the North pole, which simply did not materialize "down"
here. They piled up an advantage of over 1,000 QSOs before the bands finally
started "down" here. And ES9C constantly added to their advantage,
kept running away, and finally had an advantage of whopping 6.5M points! Well
done, guys. We know that you "normally" suffer a lot from Northern
propagation. You really deserve this new EU record... :-)
We were happy to welcome eight first-time operators to our station. And YL
Halina did her catering magic again, making sure that everybody got enough
food.

73 Ben
DL6FBL@DR1A