[3830] CQWW SSB EI7M M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB EI7M M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 22:49:16 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: EI7M
Operator(s): EI3JE EI3KD EI8IR EI3JZ G4CLA M1DSE
Station: EI7M

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  126    12       58
   80:  587    19       88
   40: 1669    37      122
   20: 1206    38      142
   15: 2349    40      149
   10: 3554    40      159
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

What a blast !

In previous years, our build up to CQWW was long and busy. Last year,
preparation started in March and finished about 2 hours before cqww2012 :-)
This year we had no major work to do and which was very strange for us - we
turned up on Friday night hoping everything would be okay but not sure what to
expect.

Our core team is very established now and we know each other very well. This is
a big factor in our improved results over recent years as we need to squeeze
maximum results from our relatively modest station.
This year we were joined by Paul M1DSE (thanks Paul)

We began this contest on 40m and wow .... It was apparent from the start that
this would be a special contest!
1200 qsos on 40m before moving to 15m when that opened for us with a string of
JA in the morning.
We moved up to 10m as soon as we could and the pileup never seemed to stop.
Although indications were good beforehand that 10m would play we did not expect
the band to be this good.

For certain the first 24 hours of this contest were our best ever. We were
tracking our previous best and beat it hour after hour.

As contesters in this part of EU will know, there was a big storm brewing which
was due for Sunday AM in these parts. We had been tracking this all week and
predications for 50-60mph gusts in Cork meant that we needed to take
precautions.
We had to wind down our towers to a more durable height and unfortunately this
especially impacted on our 40m performance
We were unable to repeat the low band performance on the first night spending
more time jumping between bands.

The remainder of the contest was great but of course it is always difficult
majntaon the rates of day1. Conditions did not seem to be quite as good.

The team were delighted to record a new high score for EI7M. We have to work
really hard to gets mults from this side of Europe and need extra effort from
our operators to maintain high qso rates in order to achieve this.

So that was cqww for 2013 - it seems hard to wait 12 months for cqww2014 and
nothing quite matches cqww ssb (IMHO)

Regards from all at EI7M

John

john at airwave dot ie