[3830] CQWW SSB K4WI SOSB/10 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4wi@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K4WI SOSB/10 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 23:34:56 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K4WI
Operator(s): K4WI
Station: K4WI

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH: Alabama
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 1167    35      110
------------------------------
Total: 1167    35      110  Total Score = 472,410

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

wow, wow, and WOW! ten was hot, hot and HOT! Started out Friday evening with a
horrendous noise so I thought this week end was going to be a bust but it was
gone by the next morning. It has been a long time since I have had so much fun
on 10, it snapped open to Europe about 6:30 AM and I was able to find a spot up
high in the band and run for 3 hours before I lost the frequency. The rate meter
hit 250 several times. But basically it was mostly S+P, i would start at 28.300
and go all the way up to 29.150 and work anything that would come back to me. I
missed 5 zones: 23,26,34,37, and 39. 37 and 39 I just could not break the pileup
so missed a double mult there. I took a picture of my DMU band scope and it
shows 28.0 to 29.0 , it was wall to wall! I think that I did real well, can't
help but think what it would have been like with the stack and hi power. I
missed another 10 countries at least, just could not get thru... only reason I
got VE2 in zone 2 was he went by the numbers and I snuck a "whiskey
india" in when he called for 4's! This was a great contest! lol, 73's Cort