[3830] CQWW SSB DK6XZ(E77XZ) SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dk6xz@t-online.de
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB DK6XZ(E77XZ) SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 08:38:23 +0000

   20   282  24  63   1     671  2.38
   15   512  30  75   5    1335  2.61
   10  1055  31  84   7    2970  2.82
--------------------------------------
TOTAL  2567 127 364  20    6487  2.53
======================================
       TOTAL SCORE : 3 185 117

Hello and thank you everybody!

A nice event: rainy weather, good condx and an excellent 10 m band. But ontop,
we need to congratulate to the contest committee for establishing
"Classic" overlay, quasy as a new category. "Classic" is
for sure a great added value for the contesting as being human and social. It
is healthy & fun. Furthermore it is requiring and keeps original operating
skills go on living (WRTC). Not only the elder operators will thank you, but
families, jobs, friends & co. Thanks "Classic" a new competition
arises which only slightly impacts the general matrix of contest happening. In
any way, a good decision by Randy & Co.

Due important yearly workshop of our Sport community I was able to join the
party firts on Saturday 12:30 z. I tryed then to do the best out of the rest.
Keeping things simple it was easy to setup station and go in. Facing steady
problem with local noise at direction USA was not taking away my fun in working
strong pileups. We all share the excitment about the exceptional propagation
conditions of the weekend.

Should I have made a real strategic plan, a better score would have been. But
nevertheless it was a great fun. The highlight was 241 QSO-hour at 18:00 z,
after coming down from 10 to 15 m. My all time very best. Last 10
min-rate-meter was often moving around 400 Q/h. That all while operating from
Germany, wow!

The low light was steady loss of the power amplifier that was switching off
without a known reason. Warming up for several minutes again and again was the
result. Also, that static noise while beaming USA was really annoying.

Sorrow for DJ5MW (DL) and D4C (WW) remaining without records despite superb
efforts. Ivan OE3K has made an impressive Classic score. In the meanwhile I see
a lots of others listed who also were doing extremely well. Sincere
Congratulations! Scores by UU7J & E70T impressed me too. I am also happy
with Tonno & the Crew - despite ES9C has broken the M/M EU-record of DR1A I
was 2011 partitipating in myself.

Congratulations to everyone who delivered a fair score!

73 Suad, DK6XZ
@ Daimler Sportgemeinschaft - SG Stern Rastatt