[3830] CQWW SSB P43A SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB P43A SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 01:24:19 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: P43A
Operator(s): P43A
Station: P43A

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 31.4

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 4631    36      132
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Considered doing a 20m SB HP opperation, but went for my favorite 15m band in
the end and boy was that a great desision!!
As we lost propagation to the states and JA at the start of the contest, there
was not much rate to be had, so instead concentrated on the pacific area
instead, had a good run into VK/ZL but only had 200 ~ 300 Q's in the log the
first night. Next morning overslept and got on the air a bit to late when
Europe was already booming in, luckely propagation made up for that and at the
half way point i had about 2500 Q's in the log... the goal was now to try to go
for the 5000 Q's mark... unfortunatly Sunday was not as good rate wise compared
to Saturday so i ended up short.
I am a happy camper however, as a DX'er i never worked so many BY / BA's as
this weekend, HS's, 9M, YB's, XW, 9V, (all the difficult ones to work from down
here) and others all busted thru the pile ups to work me... what a thrill!!
Asia came in 3e place in QSO totals, has never happend before!!

                 160   80   40   20   15   10  ALL   percent

     SSB
North America   SSB    0    0    0    0 2349    0 2349    49.7
South America   SSB    0    0    0    0  100    0  100     2.1
Europe          SSB    0    0    0    0 1759    0 1759    37.3
Asia            SSB    0    0    0    0  318    0  318     6.7
Africa          SSB    0    0    0    0   23    0   23     0.5
Oceania         SSB    0    0    0    0  173    0  173     3.7

My best results so far in any contest, so w'll be back for more for sure!!

Rig: Yaesu FT2000D
Amp: Acom 2000A
Ant: homebrew, YA optimized 5 el. monobander @ 50'

TNX for all the QSO's, CU further down the log!!

73's de P43A, Jean-Pierre