[3830] CQWW SSB K3CR(LZ4AX) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K3CR(LZ4AX) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 21:00:21 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K3CR
Operator(s): LZ4AX
Station: K3CR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: State College, PA
Operating Time (hrs): ~43
Radios: SO2R

  160:   30    11       19
   80:  220    15       63
   40:  357    24       74
   20:  521    34      100
   15:  719    36      106
   10: 1327    34      116
------------------------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Semi-serious effort and not a serious score, roughly 1M less than last year. Had
to choose between getting some rest before the contest and finishing the station
upgrade we started with WA3FET this summer. Given that I suck on phone anyway,
the latter was the obvious choice. Still wanted to give the top 10 a try and
went for the full 48 hours category instead of the new classic. Can't say I
regret it. Since last CQWW I've been spending much more time with the soldering
iron than in front of the radio. 43 hours of constant splatter should keep me
away from the microphone for awhile.
Some very exciting scores out there. Who would have thought there will be no
North East station in the top 3 in SOABHP category? That is, without knowing
KQ2M score yet. Over 10k QSO at 8P5A and again over 9k at CR2X, this time by
OH6KZP! Just hoping these conditions will last until CQWW CW ...

Congrats to N2IC, W9RE, N5DX and K1ZR for great scores!
W2GD went out of his way to help us fix 10 and 15 meter stacks. Thanks John!

As always, my sincere thanks to Jim, WA3FET for letting me use the station
again and all the help.