[3830] CQWW SSB LU2DKT SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, er_araujo@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB LU2DKT SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 03:31:33 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: LU2DKT
Operator(s): LU2DKT
Station: LU2DKT

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  66     14       21
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total:  66     14       21  Total Score = 5,460

Club: LU Contest Group

Comments:

Hi Everyone, It looks like there was good propagation between Europe and NA.
Here things were difficult it seemed like signal didn�'t want to cross the
Ecuator.
First night I have a 2 hours opening to USA but fast and deep QSB and QRN
peeking S9 on USA Beverage 9+30 into the vertical turned the things out very
difficult and I had to request many times for repetitions.
I can say that signals from D4C were amazing most of the time.
It is also my feeling that more and more stations are having SA in the radar
switching to listen from here more often and or adding receiving antennas to
this direction, for example OK1CDJ was not loud but came to me almost
immediately showing good receiving to SA.
K3LR by N2NC amazing as always he worked me in a very short opening to USA,
quite before the band really opens, then for hours K3LR, D4C and PJ2T were the
only 3 stations on the band.
K5NA much stronger than on previous tests and with much better reception.
Many stations were loud but for a very short duration.
FM5CD, OH0X, DR1A 4O3A SV9FBG, UU7J, ES9C, CN2AA among others showed good
balance too between tx and RX.
Propagation was strange in many respect, for example it was interesting to hear
good signal from a few Canadian stations, but not a single US station at the
same time !!!
An strange phenomenon also occurs at least 3 times during the test, hearing the
signals and high S9 QRN, suddenly the complety background noise and signals
started to vanish up to the point S meter reached 0 and only left a white
noise. The first time it occurred I though I had lost the USA beverage but
changing to the others it was the same situation. Then, after a few seconds the
noise slowly started to rise during 5 seconds or so until it reached S9 again.
No strong local signals close by...
Solar activity?
Many thanks for all that had the patience to wait for the QSO between my side
static crashes and LU7DW that keeps on pushing me to improve.
Even though the results with the Spitfire pointed to Europe was not good, I had
a lot of fun.  I will try another system to improve my signals into Europe. Hope
to meet you on February.... Eddie, LU2DKT