[3830] SS CW K8GU Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ethan@k8gu.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K8GU Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 03:13:49 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K8GU
Operator(s): K8GU
Station: K8GU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 7

------------
  160:
   80:  254
   40:    0
   20:  145
   15:   36
   10:   11
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First SS from a new station, presently configured very similarly to the old one.
 Low G3TXQ Broadband Hexagonal beam for the high bands; 40-m dipole at 35 ft;
1/4-wave vertical on 80; 270-ft Beverage for all bands.  K3/100 and AL-80B
provided TX and RX.

What's the problem here?  Anything more than 4 watts on 40m locked the keying
on my K3.  Wasn't there when I tested earlier in the week, so must have been
station additions since the test.  Made lemonade with lemons though and sure
had fun on 20 and 80.

Every year, I think I'm not going to do SS.  But, PVRC rallied and I got on.
Glad to work so many old friends!

73 and thanks for the QSOs...

--Ethan, K8GU/3.
http://www.k8gu.com/